The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will continue their current road swing as they take on the Binghamton Devils on Friday, November 15, at 7:05 p.m. The meeting will mark the second between the two teams this season and the first in Binghamton.
Despite taking only the team’s third regulation loss of the season on Wednesday against the Springfield Thunderbirds, the Phantoms are still in solid position to springboard themselves to the top of the Atlantic Division standings. With 17 points (6-3-1-4) across 14 games this season, Lehigh Valley could potentially move up to third place with a victory against the Devils on Friday night.
With the recent call up of forward Andy Andreoff, who still ranks fourth on the team in scoring, Lehigh Valley has had a number of players step up to contribute on the scoresheet. Over the past four games: Greg Carey has tallied five points (3G-2A), Morgan Frost has a goal and two assists, Kyle Criscuolo has three goals and an assist for four points and defenseman Andy Welinski has netted two goals and recorded an assist for three total points.
The Phantoms will also be looking to reignite the power play on Friday night in Binghamton. In the two team’s prior meeting, on October 18 inside of PPL Center, Lehigh Valley was a perfect three-for-three on the man advantage as they received power-play goals from Mikhail Vorobyev, Joel Farabee and Andy Andreoff.
Similar to Lehigh Valley, Binghamton is coming off of a week in which it collected five of a possible six points, but is currently 4-4-2-0 in its past 10 games placing the team eighth in the North Division. The Devils will also be without defenseman Colton White this evening, as the 22-year-old was recalled by the New Jersey Devils earlier today.
Phantoms @ Binghamton Devils
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Morgan Frost (14 GP, 5G-7A, 12 PTS)
- Greg Carey (12 GP, 5G-5A, 10 PTS)
- Kyle Criscuolo (13 GP, 4G-3A, 7 PTS)
- Andy Andreoff (10 GP, 3G-4A, 7 PTS)
- Andy Welinski (8 GP, 2G-5A, 7 PTS)
Devils Leading Scorers
- Ben Street (15 GP, 6G-11A, 17 PTS)
- Brett Seney (15 GP, 8G-7A, 15 PTS)
- Chris Conner (14 GP, 6G-6A, 12 PTS)
- Joey Anderson (15 GP, 3G-7A, 10 PTS)
- Nathan Bastian (15 GP, 2G-7A, 9 PTS)
Prior Meetings This Season
Oct. 18 — LV 4, BNG 1
Phantoms365 for Apple iOS
Phantoms365 for Android
- The Phantoms are 5-1-0-1 after taking a loss this season.
- In the two team’s last meeting, on October 18, the Phantoms went a perfect three-for-three on the man advantage as they netted three power-play goals for the team’s only multi-power-play-goal game of the season.
- The Phantoms suffered just their third regulation loss of the season on Wednesday morning against the Springfield Thunderbirds. This season, the team has picked up a single standings point in five losses to help keep pace in the Atlantic Division.
- Lehigh Valley is currently 3-1-1 when Greg Carey scores during the contest and 4-1-3 when he tallies a point of any kind. As of today, Carey has five goals in his past seven games.
- Six different players have scored game-winning goals for the Phantoms this season: Mikhail Vorobyev, Joel Farabee, Greg Carey, Nic Aube-Kubel, Kyle Criscuolo and Andy Welinski.
Players to Watch
November 10, 2019: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled defenseman James de Haas from the Reading Royals
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will complete their four-game set of road games as they return to Pennsylvania for a Saturday night contest against the rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:05 p.m. Catch the game on AHLTV or listen live inside the Phantoms365 App!