Philadelphia owns eight picks in this year’s entry draft
The 2019 NHL Entry Draft will begin this Friday, June 21, with round one starting at 8 p.m. in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Philadelphia Flyers will have eight picks in this year’s draft which includes the number 11 overall pick in the first round as well as three choices that were garnered via trade deals. Coverage of the draft can be found on NBCSN at 8 p.m. on Friday and then on NHL Network for rounds two through seven starting at 1 p.m. on Saturday.
For the full NHL Draft order click HERE.
Philadelphia’s Picks in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft
65th Overall (from New Jersey via Edmonton)
169th Overall (from Arizona)
201st Overall (from Montreal)
2019 Draft Notes
- The Flyers own eight picks in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft
- This will be the 57th NHL Entry Draft in the history of the league
- Players born between January 1, 1999, and September 15, 2001, will be eligible for drafting this year.
- The Flyers first pick of the third-round (65th overall) was acquired in a trade that sent prospect Cooper Marody to Edmonton on March 21, 2018. This pick was originally acquired by the Oilers from the New Jerseys Devils when they traded Patrick Maroon for J.D. Dudek and the pick on February 26, 2018.
- Philadelphia’s second pick in the sixth round (169th overall) was acquired from the Arizona Coyotes along with Jacob Graves in a trade for forward Jordan Weal on January 11, 2019.
- The Flyers 201st overall pick comes from a trade on June 23, 2018, that swapped the Flyers 2018 seventh-round pick (190th overall) for the Montreal Canadiens 2019 seventh rounder.
2018 Flyers Draft Picks
14th Overall — Joel Farabee
19th Overall — Jay O’Brien
50th Overall — Adam Ginning
112th Overall — John St. Ivany
127th Overall — Wyatte Wylie
143rd Overall — Samuel Ersson
174th Overall — Gavin Hain
205th Overall — Markus Westfalt
The NHL Draft follows the exciting announcement of the Philadelphia Flyers Rookie Game at PPL Center to be played on September 11, 2019. This will be the fifth season in which the Phantoms and PPL Center have hosted the Orange and Black in downtown Allentown and the first time the arena will play host to the Flyers Rookie Game. The contest could potentially feature new and notable names like Morgan Frost, Joel Farabee and Isaac Ratcliffe as well as some familiar names like Philippe Myers, Carsen Twarynski and Connor Bunnaman.
Tickets for the 2019 Rookie Game go on sale to the general public Friday, June 21, at 10 a.m. Tickets for current Phantoms season ticket holders are just $5 while members of the general public can purchase their tickets for $10 each.
Season tickets offering a wide range of benefits as well as 21-Game and 13-Game plans are available by calling the Phantoms at 610-224-GOAL (4625).
And for the latest Phantoms news, visit www.phantomshockey.com or follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/lehighvalleyphantoms), Twitter (@lvphantoms), Instagram (@lehighvalleyphantoms) and Snapchat (lvphantoms).