It’s the SEASON FINALE on a Phantoms GAMEDAY presented by MassMutual! The Lehigh Valley Phantoms play the last game of the season against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The Force shall be with The Phantoms on Star Wars Night!!
Lehigh Valley (28-32-15) is 5-5-1 against the Penguins this year.
Thanks to all Phantoms Phans who supported us throughout the season and joined us at PPL Center in our return to a full season following the previous year’s COVID-shortened campaign.
The best is yet to come and we can’t wait to see you again!!
Adam Johnson scored in the first period and Colin Felix dropped the gloves in his pro debut but Cole Fonstad struck for a pair of power-play goals for the visiting Cleveland Monsters as they pulled away late in a 6-1 win. Wit a depleted lineup hit with various injuries and recalls, the Phantoms rotated different defensemen into forward spots on various shifts during the game.
Goals – Cal O’Reilly (20)
Assists – Adam Clendening (36)
Penalty Minutes – Garrett Wilson (113)
Wins – Felix Sandstrom (15)
Goals-Against Average – Pat Nagle (2.74)
Tuesday – Will Riedell
Wednesday – Colin Felix
The Philadelphia Flyers have returned three players to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms in advance of tonight’s season finale: Felix Sandstrom (G), Linus Hogberg (D), Egor Zamula (D)
The Phantoms are 5-5-1 against the Penguins this year. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (35-32-8) will take on Hershey in the first round of the Calder Cup Playoffs next week. Alex Nylander has been a strong mid-season pickup for the Penguins scoring 14-16-30 (entering the weekend) since joining the team in December in a trade that brought him over from Rockford (Chicago Blackhawks). Seventh-rounder from Finland, Valtteri Puustinen, has scored 20-22-42 including five goals against the Phantoms. Goalie Louis Domingue (10-9-2, 2.41, .924) is up with Pittsburgh. Phantoms goalie Pat Nale has yet to play against the Penguins this season.
– The Phantoms now have seven players who have reached double digits in goals: Cal O’Reilly (20), Hayden Hodgson (19), Garrett Wilson (17), Max Willman (11), Wade Allison (10), Isaac Ratcliffe (10), Maksim Sushko (10)
– The Phantoms are 16-1-2 when scoring four or more goals. The Phantoms are 16-2-3 when leading at the second intermission.
– Six Phantoms players have made their NHL debuts this season: Max Willman, Felix Sandstrom, Linus Sandin, Isaac Ratcliffe, Hayden Hodgson, Linus Hogberg
– 12 players currently on the Flyers roster have come up through the Phantoms. Among those on the list are: Joel Farabee, Morgan Frost, Carter Hart, Oskar Lindblom and Scott Laughton
– Max Willman has played in 41 games this season with the Philadelphia Flyers scoring 4 goals
– Linus Sandin made his NHL debut on January 14, 2022 – Philadelphia Flyers vs. New York Islanders
– Isaac Ratclfife scored his first career NHL goal on February 9, 2022 – Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings
Saturday, April 30 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (7:05) (PPL Center) Star Wars Night!! Season Finale
Sunday, May 1 (1:30 – 2:30) – Paint the Ice Presented by Dorney Park! Free and open to the public.
Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17 – Philadelphia Flyers vs. New York Rangers Rookie Games at PPL Center – Can’t Wait for next season!!!
Broadcast coverage of all Phantoms games, home and away, is available on the Phantoms 365 app and on 1470-WSAN. Fans can watch on AHLTV.com and can listen on their Smart Speakers at: “Play Phantoms Radio 24/7.” Join Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all the action!