The Lehigh Valley Phantoms tangle with the Syracuse Crunch for the first time this season on Wednesday, January 15, at 7:05 p.m. inside of PPL Center in downtown Allentown.
Phantoms vs. Syracuse Crunch
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Greg Carey (36 GP, 9G-9A, 18 PTS)
- Mikhail Vorobyev (22 GP, 6G-11A, 17 PTS)
- Cal O’Reilly (29 GP, 3G-13A, 16 PTS)
- Morgan Frost (22 GP, 6G-9A, 15 PTS)
- Tyler Wotherspoon (36 GP, 3G-11A, 14 PTS)
Crunch Leading Scorers
- Alex Barre-Boulet (36 GP, 15G-18A, 33 PTS)
- Cory Conacher (34 GP, 13G-18A, 31 PTS)
- Gemel Smith (30 GP, 14G-14A, 28 PTS)
- Cameron Gaunce (37 GP, 4G-22A, 26 PTS)
- Ross Colton (38 GP, 7G-17A, 24 PTS)
Prior Meetings Last Season
Dec. 21 — SYR 3, LV 2 (SO)
Mar. 1 — SYR 4, LV 0
- After back-to-back shutouts this past weekend, the Phantoms are currently on a shutout streak of 142:33 dating back to the end of Friday’s game against the Utica Comets.
- With a goal in Sunday’s game, Phantoms Co-Captain Cal O’Reilly is currently just three points away from hitting the 600-point mark in the American Hockey League. The 33-year-old is also just four games away from having played a total of 700 in the AHL.
- Mikhail Vorobyev has quietly strung together a three-game point streak since his return from the Flyers on January 9.
- Forward Greg Carey is just three goals away from having 100 goals scored as a member of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Hitting the 100-goal mark will also move him into a tie for third place in franchise history with Kirby Law.
- The Lehigh Valley Phantoms are currently 2-0-0-0 in Wednesday-night home games inside of PPL Center this season.
- Wednesday’s game will mark the first time that current Crunch player and former Phantom Danick Martel will be back inside PPL Center since being claimed off of waivers a season ago.
Players to Watch
January 11, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled defenseman Eric Knodel from the Reading Royals.
January 12, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers recalled from loan forward Connor Bunnaman from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and returned on loan forward David Kase to the Phantoms.
January 12, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled from loan defenseman David Drake from the Reading Royals.
January 15, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers recalled from loan goaltender Alex Lyon from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and returned on loan forward Joel Farabee to the Phantoms.
January 15, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers reassigned goaltender Felix Sandstrom from the Reading Royals to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms return home for two games this weekend beginning with a Friday-night matchup against the Binghamton Devils, followed by a Saturday game against the Rochester Americans. Both games are set to begin at 7:05 p.m.
Start your engines! Both Friday and Saturday’s games will feature a high-speed theme and more! Don’t miss your chance to meet professional driver Josh Reaume, driver of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado at Pocono Raceway this past summer on Saturday, as well as see both the Phantoms car and truck. There will also be a tire-change simulator on Saturday and, what’s more, the Phantoms will be wearing special racing-themed warm up jerseys both nights that will be auctioned off following the conclusion of Saturday night’s game.
Single-game tickets are still available, but going FAST! Secure your seats by clicking HERE.
Looking for a deal? Speed into some savings with one of our many package deals available for the 17 and 18! Choose from the Tacos Y Tequila Value Pack, Phantoms Holiday Pack or the Love Your Melon Pack. Head over to the Special Tickets Promotions Page for more information or to order yours today!