The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will face off against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers for just the second time inside PPL Center this season on Friday, March 6, at 7:05 p.m. In four prior meetings during 2019-20, the Phantoms hold a commanding 3-1-0-0 record over their Atlantic Division opponents.
Phantoms vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Cal O’Reilly (48 GP, 6G-23A, 29 PTS)
- Greg Carey (53 GP, 15G-12A, 27 PTS)
- Morgan Frost (37 GP, 11G-15A, 26 PTS)
- Mikhail Vorobyev (41 GP, 11G-13A, 24 PTS)
- Maksim Sushko (52 GP, 11G-10A, 21 PTS)
Sound Tigers Leading Scorers
- Sebastian Aho (45 GP, 2G-25A, 27 PTS)
- Kieffer Bellows (48 GP, 18G-8A, 26 PTS)
- Parker Wotherspoon (58 GP, 4G-21A, 25 PTS)
- Travis St. Denis (56 GP, 10G-13A, 23 PTS)
- Matt Lorito (50 GP, 9G-14A, 23 PTS)
Prior Meetings This Season
Nov. 2 — LV 3, BRI 2
Nov. 3 — BRI 4, LV 3
Feb. 14 — LV 3, BRI 2 (OT)
Feb. 19 — LV 8, BRI 5
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward and Co-Captain Cal O’Reilly has seven points (2G-5A) in his past seven contests. The 33-year-old took over the team lead in points this past weekend and currently has a total of 29 (6G-23A) across 48 games this season.
- Forward Max Willman was recalled from the Reading Royals on Wednesday night and, over four games with the Royals, the newly-signed forward amassed 10 points (4G-6A).
- Goaltender Alex Lyon has picked up a standings point in four of his last five games with the Phantoms, dating back to February 14.
- Getting off to a quick start at home will be important for the Phantoms. The team is 9-0-0-1 when leading after one period and 11-0-0-1 when leading after two periods inside PPL Center.
- Connor Bunnaman picked up three points (2G-1A) in two games last weekend after being loaned to the Phantoms by the Flyers.
- Friday night’s game will mark the return of former Phantoms forward Cole Bardreau for the first time since signing with the New York Islanders in the offseason.
- The Sound Tigers will be without defenseman Thomas Hickey, who was recalled by the Islanders on Friday, and forward Ryan Bourque, who was traded to Charlotte at the AHL trade deadline on March 2.
- Bridgeport has allowed 191 goals against this season, more than any other team in the Atlantic Division, and has the highest negative goal differential in the league at minus-57.
Players to Watch
Andy Andreoff has four goals and three assists for seven points over his past seven games with the Phantoms which includes two, two-game goal streaks and one multi-point contest. The Pickering, Ontario, native now has a total of 17 points (10G-7A) over 35 games at the AHL level this season.
Andy Welinski currently leads the team in scoring against the Sound Tigers this season with two goals and four assists for six points in just four games. Welinski finished the month of February with seven points (3G-4A) and a plus-six rating on the ice across 12 games.
March 1, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers returned on loan forward Joel Farabee to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
March 5, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled from loan forward Max Willman from the Reading Royals.
March 6, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers recalled from loan forward Joel Farabee from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will take a quick road trip to play the Binghamton Devils on Saturday, March 7, at 4:05 p.m. before returning home to PPL Center to rematch against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in an afternoon game on Sunday, March 8, beginning at 3:05 p.m. Sunday’s matinee game will also feature a Phantoms Youth Jersey Giveaway, presented by PALCS, for the first 2,000 fans ages 14 and under in attendance.
Plus, Sunday’s game is projected to be the 100th sellout inside of PPL Center since the Phantoms came to the Lehigh Valley in 2014. Fans can be a part of history by helping the Phantoms reach the 100 mark on March 8 with a special limited amount of $15 tickets for the game. Grab yours before they sell out by clicking HERE.
Looking for a deal? Fans can score big with the Hamilton Howitzer Pack! Commemorate the Hamilton, Ontario, native’s 100.4-mile-per-hour shot with this limited-edition Greg Carey bobblehead and four tickets to the game, starting at just $70! Hamilton Howitzer Packs are available for March 8, so visit the Special Tickets Promotions page to secure your package today!
Lehigh Valley will also have another Love Your Melon ticket package for March 8 that features a limited-edition beanie and a ticket to the game against the Sound Tigers starting at just $38. In addition to scoring an awesome Phantoms and Love Your Melon co-branded hat, a portion of the proceeds from each package sold will go back towards Love Your Melon’s goal of fighting children’s cancer. To secure your hat and ticket for the game, click HERE.