The Lehigh Valley Phantoms continue their current road swing as they face off against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Wednesday night, February 19, at 7 p.m. The midweek meetup will be the fourth of six total meetings between the two teams in which the Phantoms currently hold a 2-1-0-0 record against the opposition.
This past Friday night, Lehigh Valley scored a 3-2 overtime victory over Bridgeport where Andy Welinski, Tyler Wotherspoon and Mikhail Vorobyev netted goals.
Phantoms @ Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Greg Carey (48 GP, 13G-12A, 25 PTS)
- Cal O’Reilly (43 GP, 5G-19A, 24 PTS)
- Morgan Frost (32 GP, 10G-13A, 23 PTS)
- Mikhail Vorobyev (36 GP, 10G-13A, 23 PTS)
- Kyle Criscuolo (37 GP, 8G-13A, 21 PTS)
Sound Tigers Leading Scorers
- Kieffer Bellows (45 GP, 16G-8A, 24 PTS)
- Sebastian Aho (39 GP, 2G-21A, 23 PTS)
- Matt Lorito (47 GP, 8G-13A, 21 PTS)
- Otto Koivula (35 GP, 8G-12A, 20 PTS)
- Travis St. Denis (50 GP, 8G-12A, 20 PTS)
Prior Meetings This Season
Nov. 2 — LV 3, BRI 2
Nov. 3 — BRI 4, LV 3
Feb. 14 — LV 3, BRI 2 (OT)
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Head Coach Scott Gordon is just one win away from tying Ken Gernander for seventh on the list of all-time coaching wins in AHL history with 388.
- Forward Mikhail Vorobyev netted his first professional overtime game-winning goal to give the Phantoms a 3-2 win over the Sound Tigers this past Friday night in Allentown.
- Phantoms defenseman Andy Welinski is a single point away from 100 points in the American Hockey League.
- Lehigh Valley goaltenders J-F Berube (2.53) and Alex Lyon (2.57) are currently ranked 12 and 14, respectively, in the AHL in goals-against average. Lyon also ranks 11 in save percentage with a .915 percentage through 27 games this season.
- Cal O’Reilly (1G-1A), Andy Andreoff (1G-2A), Max Willman (2A) and Morgan Frost (2G-1A) are all currently riding two-game point streaks heading into Wednesday night’s contest.
- Forwards Kyle Criscuolo and Greg Carey are currently tied for the team lead in game-winning goals with three apiece.
- Lehigh Valley has amassed a combined 527 penalty minutes through 53 games this season. That total is the second fewest in the Atlantic Division and, what’s more, second fewest in the entire league.
- Bridgeport will benefit from having defenseman Sebastian Aho and forward Cole Bardreau return to their lineup after being loaned from the New York Islanders.
- The most recent matchup between these two teams, at PPL Center on February 14, did not see Morgan Frost in the Phantoms lineup. In two prior games against the Sound Tigers this season, both of which took place in Bridgeport, Frost has netted two markers.
Players to Watch
Morgan Frost returned to the Phantoms lineup for two games this past weekend after being loaned to Lehigh Valley by Philadelphia on Friday, February 14. Frost netted two goals and tallied an assist for three points in his first two games back and now ranks third overall on the Phantoms in points with 23 (10G-13A).
Kyle Criscuolo recorded three assists in last Friday’s matchup against the Sound Tigers and currently has three multi-point games in his past six contests. The 27-year-old forward now has 21 points (8G-13A) across 37 games this season and is tied for second on the team in plus-minus with a plus-nine rating.
February 16, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms returned on loan forward Steven Swavely as well as defensemen Eric Knodel and David Drake to the Reading Royals
February 19, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers reassigned forward Pascal Laberge from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to the Reading Royals.
February 19, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers recalled from loan defenseman Mark Friedman from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
February 19, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled from loan defenseman Eric Knodel from the Reading Royals.
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will continue their four-game road swing with two games in Upstate New York this weekend beginning on Friday night against the Rochester Americans at 7:05 p.m. and then concluding on Saturday against the Syracuse Crunch at 7 p.m. Tune into all the action by streaming the games on AHLTV or by listening live inside the Phantoms365 App!