After taking four of a possible six points this past weekend, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms will continue their current homestand with a game against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on February 14, 2020, at 7:05 p.m. inside PPL Center in downtown Allentown.
Friday night’s contest will mark the third of six total meetings between the two Atlantic Division teams this season. Currently, the season series is split at 1-1.
Phantoms vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Greg Carey (45 GP, 13G-11A, 24 PTS)
- Mikhail Vorobyev (33 GP, 9G-13A, 22 PTS)
- Cal O’Reilly (40 GP, 4G-18A, 22 PTS)
- Morgan Frost (30 GP, 8G-12A, 20 PTS)
- Maksim Sushko (44 GP, 9G-10A, 19 PTS)
Sound Tigers Leading Scorers
- Kieffer Bellows (45 GP, 16G-8A, 24 PTS)
- Sebastian Aho (39 GP, 2G-21A, 23 PTS)
- Matt Lorito (44 GP, 8G-12A, 20 PTS)
- Travis St. Denis (47 GP, 7G-12A, 19 PTS)
- Parker Wotherspoon (49 GP, 4G-15A, 19 PTS)
Prior Meetings This Season
Nov. 2 — LV 3, BRI 2
Nov. 3 — BRI 4, LV 3
- Lehigh Valley Phantoms Head Coach Scott Gordon is just two wins away from tying Ken Gernander for seventh on the list of all-time coaching wins in AHL history with 388.
- Should forward Greg Carey be in the lineup tonight, he is slated to become the all-time leader in games played with Lehigh Valley as he surpasses former Phantom Chris Conner with 266 games played in the Orange and Black.
- Defensemen Andy Welinski and Mark Friedman as well as forward Maksim Sushko currently lead the team in points against Bridgeport. All three players have recorded two assists through two games against the Sound Tigers this season.
- Forward Kyle Criscuolo has nine points (3G-6A) in his past 10 games. The Southampton, New Jersey, native posted two multi-point games this past weekend and now has a total of four mulit-point nights this season.
- Bridgeport has allowed a total of 159 goals against this season, more than any other team in the Atlantic Division.
- Friday night’s game will mark the first time former Phantoms Captain Colin McDonald will play a game inside PPL Center since signing with Bridgeport in the offseason. McDonald captained the Lehigh Valley squad for four seasons between 2015-16 and 2018-19.
- Bridgeport will be without forwards Cole Bardreau and Kieffer Bellows as well as defenseman Sebastian Aho as all three are currently on NHL recall with the New York Islanders. Together, the three have combined for a total of 50 points (20G-30A) this season. In addition, Bellows and Aho rank first and second, respectively, in points for Bridgeport.
Players to Watch
Andy Welinski recorded two assists in a game against the Sound Tigers back on November 3. The 26-year-old blue liner has now played five games since returning from injury and has tallied a total of 13 points (5G-8A) across just 31 games with the Phantoms this season.
Isaac Ratcliffe has netted goals in back-to-back games for the first time of his professional career with goals against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Hershey on February 8 and 9, respectively. Over three games this past weekend, the rookie forward finished with a plus-three rating.
February 9, 2020: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms recalled from loan forward Steven Swavely from the Reading Royals.
February 10, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers returned on loan goaltender Alex Lyon to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
February 10, 2020: The Philadelphia Flyers reassigned goaltender Kirill Ustimenko from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to the Reading Royals.
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will host the Hartford Wolf Pack on Saturday night, February 15, inside PPL Center at 7:05 p.m. before hitting the road to take on the Hershey Bears on Sunday, February 16, at 5 p.m. Tickets for Saturday’s home game are still available, to secure your seats, click HERE.