The Lehigh Valley Phantoms return home for a pair of games against the Hartford Wolf Pack Saturday and Sunday inside of PPL Center. Saturday’s contest will mark the first time of the 2018-19 season that the Phantoms will host the Wolf Pack at home, but the two team’s fourth meeting overall.
Currently this season, Lehigh Valley holds a 1-1-1-0 record against Hartford, most recently dropping a 6-5 decision in overtime on January 18.
Phantoms vs. Hartford Wolf Pack
Phantoms Leading Scorers
- Greg Carey (47 GP, 21G-23A, 44 PTS)
- Chris Conner (47 GP, 12G-23A, 35 PTS)
- T.J. Brennan (39 GP, 7G-27A, 34 PTS)
- Mike Vecchione (48 GP, 11G-18A, 29 PTS)
- Philippe Myers (48 GP, 9G-20A, 29 PTS)
Wolf Pack Leading Scorers
- Peter Holland (47 GP, 17G-28A, 45 PTS)
- John Gilmour (49 GP, 15G-21A, 36 PTS)
- Ville Meskanen (49 GP, 10G-18A, 28 PTS)
- Steven Fogarty (39 GP, 11G-16A, 27 PTS)
- Chris Bigras (49 GP, 3G-17A, 20 PTS)
Prior Meetings This Season
Jan. 18 — HFD 6, LV 5 (OT)
Jan. 5 — HFD 3, LV 1
Oct. 24 — LV 7, HFD 3
- While both Greg Carey and Chris Conner have both netted a pair of goals and tallied a pair of assists in three games against the Wolf Pack this season, Phantoms captain Colin McDonald currently leads the team’s offense against Hartford with five points (1G-4A) across those same three contests.
- In the two team’s last meeting, on January 18, Justin Bailey made his debut in a Phantoms uniform and made an immediate impact, directly factoring in on at least three of the team’s five goals that night.
- Former Phantoms goaltender Dustin Tokarski will make his first trip back to PPL Center since signing with the Rangers organization in the off season. The 29-year-old netminder currently leads the Wolf Pack in minutes played with 1104:20 and has a 10-6-2 record to go along with a 2.99 goals-against average and a .904 save percentage this season.
- Just a season ago, all six of the games played between Lehigh Valley and Hartford were decided by just a single goal, with five of the six requiring additional time.
Players to Watch
Justin Bailey made his debut with the Phantoms, after being acquired in a trade on January 17, against the Hartford Wolf Pack on January 18 and made an immediate impact. The six-foot-four-inch, 214-pound forward directly contributed to three goals and finished the night with two total assists. After scoring last night, Bailey now has five goals in his past five games.
Greg Carey currently has four points (2G-2A) against the Wolf Pack this season. Carey also leads the team, and is tied for second in the AHL, with 11 power-play markers this season. The last time the Phantoms tilted with the Wolf Pack, Hartford put Lehigh Valley on the man advantage five times which resulted in two power-play goals. Should the Orange and Black end up on the power play, watch for Carey to make an impact.
February 7, 2019: The Philadelphia Flyers have loaned forward Jori Lehtera to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
February 9, 2019: The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled defenseman Philippe Myers
February 9, 2019: The Philadelphia Flyers have loaned forward Byron Froese and defenseman David Schlemko to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The Philadelphia Flyers acquired forward Byron Froese and defenseman David Schlemko from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Dale Weise and defenseman Christian Folin on February 9, 2019.
The Road Ahead
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will finish off their three-in-three weekend with a matinee rematch against the Hartford Wolf Pack tomorrow, February 10, at 3:05 p.m. inside of PPL Center.
Sunday’s game will also feature a special Wall Cling Giveaway, presented by PSECU, featuring special 5th Year in the Valley images that include players like: Carter Hart, Philippe Myers, T.J. Brennan, Colin McDonald and Greg Carey! The Cling will also feature meLVin and several other stickers and will be available to the first 2,000 fans ages 14 and under.
Looking for a deal? You can score three tickets, three hot dogs and three sodas for Sunday’s game with a Phantoms Family Value Pack starting at just $69! The package also features the option to add additional tickets for just $23 each, so don’t miss your chance to Experience Phantoms Hockey! To learn more about the package, click HERE, or call 610-224-4625 to order yours today.
Single-game tickets for Sunday’s game can be purchased online by clicking HERE.