Phantoms Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees
Fans Encouraged to Vote for Second Hall of Fame Class
January 24, 2011
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, announced today the nominees for the second annual class for the Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame presented by Glens Falls National Bank. The Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on March 12, in Heritage Hall at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
"The list of nominees for the second class of the Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame is incredible, and the voting will be very close." said Mike Thompson, Phantoms Vice President. "I am excited to see the fans responses, as now they will have a direct influence over who joins the honored members enshrined last year."
This year's nominees are:
· Barry Melrose - won 1991-92 Calder Cup as coach of Adirondack Red Wings
· Dave Strader - Adirondack Red Wings broadcaster 1979-1985
· Erin Whitten - First female goaltender to win a professional hockey game
· Hugo Belanger - nearly 700 points as leader of Icehawks and Frostbite
· Jody Gage - member of American Hockey League Hall of Fame
· Marc Potvin - coach of Icehawks and Frostbite, won Calder Cup in 1991-92
· Murray Eaves - leading scorer for 1988-89 Calder Cup champs
· Norm Maracle - 726 professional games as goaltender including 66 with 1997-98 Red Wings
· Sam St. Laurent - Calder Cup Playoff MVP in 1988-89
· Ted Nolan - 1996-97 Jack Adams winner as NHL Coach of the Year
The Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame began in 2010 to establish a memorial to those who have developed the sport of hockey in the Adirondack region. The Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame ("AHHOF") will honor and preserve the history of the game of hockey, and in particular, those who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in the development of the game in the Adirondack region.
Don't be left out! Tickets for all Phantoms games are on sale now. Discount rates are available for groups of 15 or more. Save off the individual ticket price by asking the Phantoms about their great group rate packages.
The AHL is celebrating their 75th anniversary season and is the top development league for the NHL. More than 85 percent of today's NHL players are American Hockey League graduates and more than 6 million fans attend AHL games every year.
Come watch future NHL stars and up-and-coming Flyers prospects with exciting Adirondack Phantoms hockey! A variety of ticket packages for all the fast-paced action are on sale now. The Phantoms selection of discount ticket packages includes 3-packs, 6-packs, 12 and 22 Select Plans, full season plans and Flex Packs. Choose the plan that works best for you! Get your tickets at the Phantoms office inside the Glens Falls Civic Center, online at ticketmaster.com, or by calling the Phantoms at 518-480-3355.