Phantoms Charities Presents Phantoms Sled Hockey

Hockey is for Everyone!

Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey was designed to showcase the idea that Hockey is for Everyone. The team, which practices inside of PPL Center in downtown Allentown, is for youth ages (5-17) with mobility challenges and is designed to not only get the athletes out on the ice and being active, but to also build relationships and have fun too. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming one of the athletes on the Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey team, please read the information below and fill out the form further down on the page.

The Phantoms Charities Board of Directors had a vision of creating a legacy program that would showcase that Hockey is for Everyone!  With that in mind, Phantoms Charities launched its inaugural season of Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey in the fall of 2018.

Phantoms Charities is dedicated to providing children and youth with mobility challenges the opportunity to play hockey.  USA Hockey Certified Coaches, volunteers and families create a respectful and supportive environment that facilitates teamwork, friendship, physical activity and fun!  This team celebrates inclusion. Phantoms Charities provides all necessary equipment to each athlete, and is no cost to families in need.

To learn how you can become a part of the Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey team, by either playing , volunteering or coaching, click of the various links below.

“This is a great opportunity for kids with disabilities to come out and play on a team. And not just play on a team, but play on the ice where the Phantoms play!…The team is the most amazing group of kids I’ve ever come across and I know how much they love this. They thank us coaches all the time. But I really don’t think they will ever know how much they are doing for us.” – Coach Josh Hoch

“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of the Phantoms Sled Hockey team. There are many children with disabilities who don’t always get a chance to be part of a real team and show what skills they have like myself. I have learned it is about teamwork, making friends, and there is a place for everone to belong…They make me feel like one big family.” – Athlete