Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey Athletes

Hockey is for everyone! 

Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey was designed to showcase the idea that Hockey is for Everyone.   The team, which practices inside of PPL Center in downtown Allentown, is for youth (ages 5-17) with mobility challenges and is designed to not only get the athletes out on the ice and being active, but to also build relationships and have fun too.   If you or someone you know is interested in becoming one of the athletes on the Phantoms Charities Sled Hockey team, please read the information below and fill out the form further down on the page.

Notes

• All required athlete paperwork must be submitted, in its completion, prior to attending a practice.
  • In the event of a USA Hockey sanctioned tournament, only athletes with mobility challenges may participate.
  • In the event your child is “overage” [over the age of 17 next season as of 12/31 of the 2019-2020 season], please see information about completing an age waiver.

The official schedule will be released late summer.  Every effort is being made to have a schedule similar to our Inaugural Season which was twice a month, on Tuesdays, from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at the PPL Center in Allentown.

Ice Location

PPL Center – Home of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
701 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18101
Enter via Air Products gate and proceed to 110 Tunnel/BSI on first floor

Cost

You do not have to pay anything today.  Once your application is accepted, we will contact you and direct you through registering online with USA Hockey and obtain all other required documents.

There are two out of pocket costs of the program.

The first cost is for USA Hockey membership and that total fee is $56.00.  USA Hockey membership registration for NEW athletes is FREE.

The second cost is for Phantoms Charities annual registration fee and that fee is $50.00.  This is in additional to the USA Hockey membership fee.  This fee covers the cost of Phantoms Sled Hockey Team membership, use of sleds, use of pucks, gloves, personalized jersey, helmet, and equipment bag that will be provided for each registered athlete.  Elbow pads and shin pads must be supplied by the athlete, unless on scholarship. 

Contact

Jennifer Keeble
Executive Director, Phantoms Charities
jkeeble@phantomscharities.org

ATHLETE Registration Form

*Age Waiver Information: The youth division is for players 17 years of age and under as of 12/31 of the 2019-2020 season. If you are 18 years old on December 31st of that season, you can play on the youth team if you have NEVER played on any adult team in a USA Hockey sanctioned game. If you are 18 years old on 12/31 of that season and you have never played on an adult team in a USA Hockey sanctioned game, you do not need a waiver to participate in the youth division. Players that older than 17 years of age as of 12/31 of that season and have participated in any USA Hockey sanctioned adult sled game and players older than 18 years of age as of 12/31 of that season, may be allowed to play in the youth division if a waiver request is submitted and approved by the waiver committee. The purpose of this waiver is to allow players with more severe disabilities to play in the youth division where it is less physical.

Waiver can be found here:
    http://www.phantomshockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/SledAgeWaiverForm.pdf
  • I understand a parent/guardian must be present at practice/sled hockey related events at all times. I will be responsible to bring the provided equipment to and from each practice. I will be trained on how to gear my child up with equipment (such as putting on a helmet) and load him/her into sled. I will be expected to lift my child in and out of the sled, if necessary.